All papers submitted to the journal must be written in good English or Indonesia. The work should not have been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. The official language of the manuscript to be published in Compton journal is English.
1. General Author Guidelines
2. Manuscript Template
Manuscript should be prepared according to the following author guidelines in the MS Word article template. [download the template here]
3. Reviewing of manuscripts
Every submitted paper is independently reviewed by at least two peer-reviewers. The decision for publication, amendment, or rejection is based upon their reports/recommendation and made by Editor. If two or more reviewers consider a manuscript unsuitable for publication in this journal, a statement explaining the basis for the decision will be sent to the authors within three months of the submission date.
4. Revision of manuscripts
Manuscripts sent back to the authors for revision should be returned to the editor without delay. Revised manuscripts can be sent to editorial office through the Online Submission Interface (https://jurnal.ustjogja.ac.id/index.php/COMPTON/index,). The revised manuscripts returned later than three months will be considered as new submissions.
All correspondences should be sent to the following Editorial Office:
Widodo Budhi (Editor-in-Chief)
Editorial Office of Compton Journal
6. Guideline for Online Submission
Author should first register as Author through the following address: https://jurnal.ustjogja.ac.id/index.php/COMPTON/index,
The author should fulfill the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After all form textbox was filled, Author clicks on “Register” button to proceed the registration. Therefore, Author is brought to online author submission interface where Author should click on “New Submission”. In the Start a New Submission section, click on “’Click Here’: to go to step one of the five-step submission process”. The following are five steps in online submission process:
- Step 1 - Starting the Submission: Select the appropriate section of the journal. Thus, the author must check-mark on the submission checklists. An author should type or copy-paste Covering Letter in Letter to Editor.
- Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file (.doc/.docx) to be submitted, then click "Upload" button until the file has been uploaded. Do not upload cover letter and other supplementary files here.
- Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: In this step, detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
- Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Signed Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the files, and then click on Upload button.
- Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to JIPF journal, click Finish Submission button after the documents are true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgment by email and will be able to view the submission’s progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.
After this submission, Authors who submit the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors are able to track their submission status at any time by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes a status of manuscript review and editorial process.
7. Author Fees
The authors are not required to pay an article submission, processing, and publication fee.
8. User Rights
All articles published Open Access will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download. We are continuously working with our author communities to select the best choice of license options, currently being defined for this journal as follows:
• Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0)
9. Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
The paper will be published in JIPF journal after the peer-reviewed process and decided as “Accepted” by Editor. The final paper layout will be reproduced by Editorial Office of Compton journal. The final corrected proof will be published first in “Article In Press” pre-issue.
The article is delivered using the following components:
Title: Maximum 16 words for article in English. The font used is Times New Roman, 16.
The writer’s name: The writer’s name is written under the title using font Times New Roman, 11, bold, without titles, and cannot be shortened. Under the name of the writer it is written the institution name, and the email address of the writer.
Abstract: no more than 250 words, written in English in one paragraph containing: The research objectives, research methodology, data analysis, and research findings. It is typed using font Times New Roman, 11, single space, italic.
Keyword: Maximum 4 words, separated with semicolon (;). [font Times New Roman, 11, single space, italic]
Introduction: The introduction is containing the background with a problem solving , the urgency and rationalization of activities, bibliography, solution plan, the objective of the activity, and hypothesis development. [font Times New Roman, 11, Normal]
Methodology: Research methodology explains about: the approach, scope or object, operational definition in each variable/description of research focus, place, population and sample/informant, main source and tool, technique of data collection, and technique of data analysis. [font Times New Roman, 11, Normal]
Findings and Discussion: The findings is presented in full and related with the scope of the research determined before. The findings can be completed with tables, graphs, and/or charts. The tables and pictures are given number and title. The result of data analysis is explained correctly in the article. The discussion part logically explains the findings, associated with the relevant sources. [Times New Roman, 11, Normal]
Conclusion and Suggestion: The conclusion contains the short summary of the findings and discussion. Conclusion is the findings in the research that has the answers for the research questions or the objective of the research. The research findings give suggestions or contributions to the application and/or the study development. [Times New Roman, 11, Normal]
References: containing referenced sources with minimum 80% of books last 10 years issue. The references is written based on Institute of Electrical and Electornics Engineers (IEEE)